03 October, 2012

Calm Before The Storm

Journey Day: Minus-Thirteen

Okay, so I haven't actually left yet. This is more of an introductory post.

My name is Thomas W Drury. I am from Boston, Massachusetts. And I am going to London, UK

It has always been a dream of mine to visit England  & Ireland, the lands of my ancestors and I decided this year, upon my thirtieth birthday, that I would stop talking about doing it and go.

My tentative itinerary is as follows:

Tuesday, arrive at Heathrow at approximately 19:30 and leave for the studio apartment I rented for the week. Sleep.

Facade of my studio apartment
Interior of my studio apartment (Or at least *a* studio in the complex.
I may or may not be blessed to have Ms Hepburn over my bed)

Wednesday, a lot of sightseeing and just generally 'feeling my way around' the city. Probably lots of photos from this day.

Thursday, mainly food, clothing and souvenir shopping. Then a visit to a neighbourhood gay pub for some local colour.

Friday, more sightseeing, a light dinner, then Dar Williams concert at Bush Hall. Yes, Dar Williams is playing London the week I'm there. It was too perfect to pass up. And the ticket was only like 20 bucks.

My Dar Williams Ticket

Saturday, shopping followed by a reservation at Kettner's Restaurant. A London establishment. Oscar Wilde & Bing Crosby used to hang out here. Not together. I don't think.

Kettner's Restaurant

Sunday, church ... lol, just kidding!! Though who knows, maybe I'll find some old school churches and cathedrals and photograph them. Truth be told, the rest of my trip is still up in the air. So if you've ever been and have restaurants, shops, sites that I simply MUST see, please let me know!!

That's all for today. Now I'm going to bed.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment